Ruby got involved with competitive cycling at the age of 12, splitting her time between road and track for her first few years of racing. Winning many national titles on the track at the U17 and U19 levels as well as competing at a national level on the road with a podium in the National Championships Time Trial as a junior. As she progressed, cyclocross became her main focus. Since then, Ruby has represented Canada at five consecutive World Championships for cyclocross as well as banking many impressive results around north america and europe in her still young career.
in 2021, Ruby has committed to pursuing the track, after being recruited by the Canadian NextGen program. This provides the perfect opportunity to train and represent Canada in a high performance environment, while still allowing her to split her time with cyclocross. This move comes at this point with eyes towards the Paris 2024 Olympic Games.
Off the bike Ruby keeps busy at her family farm looking after chickens, goats and a new donkey. She loves to help maintain the garden and grow fresh vegetables all summer long. Ruby has a great love and appreciation for anything outdoors and aims to do her part in minimizing her footprint through sustainable swaps in her daily life.
From: Hamilton, ON
Based: Dundas, ON
Birthday: July 7, 1999
Type of Rider: Cyclocross & Track
Height: 1.70m (5’7″)
- 1st – 2023 Pan Am Games (Team Pursuit)
- 3rd – 2023 National Track Championships (IP)
- 2nd – 2023 National Gravel Championships
- 2nd – 2023 National Road Championships (Criterium)
- 2nd – 2023 National MTB Marathon Championships
- 1st – 2023 PanAm Championships (Team Pursuit)
- 3rd – 2022 PanAm Championships (IP)
- 2nd – 2021 PanAm Championships (Cyclocross)
- 1st – 2021 National Road Championships